1. Buying online is so much cheaper – why should I spend more in a local store?
The main reason is at the top of our Top Ten List. When you support your local businesses, they in turn can support you and your community through donations, job creation and convenience. Often shopping local means you get what you want sooner (without the shipping costs!), while getting out and mingling with friends and neighbors.
2. What if I need more selection than I can get locally?
First of all, the selection at many local businesses may surprise you. That being said, we understand that it is not possible to cover every conceivable choice. All that local businesses ask is that you check them out first and give them an opportunity to serve you.
3. I have not had a good experience patronizing some of the downtown merchants – why should I go back?
The majority of businesses in Port Angeles take pride in providing good customer service and are eager to help you. Please don’t let the occasional unhappy experience sour you on the stores that want to go the extra mile for you.
4. Everyone knows that if you want professional services, you have to go to the city. What makes local services worth looking into?
Ask yourself: Would you be better at your profession if you lived and worked in another city? Making assumptions about quality based on location is a loser for all concerned. Since many of our community’s residents moved here from elsewhere, it is safe to say that their abilities and talents came with them.
5. So are you saying that local companies should get my business just because of their (local) address?
Of course not – all that’s asked is to have a shot at winning your business. The reason this is a CHOOSE Local campaign and not a BUY Local campaign is because we recognize that consumers have choices and that businesses have to respect that. We hope you’ll decide to choose locally!